Our lectures take place at The University Women’s Club, 2 Audley Square, London W1K 1DB (near the Dorchester Hotel).
The Club was founded in 1886 by Gertrude Jackson of Girton College, Cambridge and settled in Audley Square in 1921. Designed and built by T. H. Wyatt in 1876 for Lord Arthur Russell, it is reputed to have been used by Dorothy L. Sayers in “The Story of the Haunted Policeman” as the model for ‘the Belchesters’ House’.
Although this is a private members’ club, participants at The Course may stay for lunch after lectures in the Club’s elegant dining room
Audley Square is situated at the south end of South Audley Street. There are parking meters nearby and several NCP carparks in the vicinity.
The nearest underground stations are Green Park, Hyde Park Corner and Bond Street with access to the Victoria, Piccadilly and Jubilee lines. Buses stop on Park Lane outside the Dorchester and Hilton Hotels.
All lectures are taught by experienced and well-known academics and subject specialists, who use quality teaching materials including digital images, slides, video and music. Handouts are given where appropriate.